Kelly Deering, O.D.
Education & Experience
Dr. Deering finished her undergraduate degree at Missouri Western State University, and then earned her Doctorate of Optometry at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL), graduating at the top of her class. During her studies, she was involved in Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity, which works to improve the sight of millions of people in developing countries. Today, Dr. Deering is one of the only doctors in the area specially trained to fit patients with scleral contact lenses for corneal abnormalities.
Awards & Memberships
- Candidate for Fellowship of the American Academy of Optometry
- Dr. Robert A. Koetting Award
- UMSL College of Optometry & Valley Contax Clinical Excellence in Contact Lens Patient Care Award
- Silver Medal Academic Award
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- Vice President — Rotary Club of Chillicothe
- Board Member — Grand River Area Family YMCA
- Past Volunteer — Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity
Services & Specialties
- Specialty Contact Lenses
- Primary Eye Care
- Medical Eye Care
Get to Know Dr. Deering
A native of Buckner, MO, Dr. Deering loves to bring an eye care experience like no other to her home region. Whether you’re a new or existing patient, child or older adult, your vision, eye health, and comfort are her top priority. Outside the office, Dr. Deering enjoys baking, hiking, spending time with friends and family, playing tennis with her husband, and volunteering in the community.
Book a Visit for Your
All of our doctors love kids: we understand children, and the unique challenges and joys they bring. We’re passionate about making sure they see clearly and comfortably, so schedule a family visit today.
“Dr. Deering is a very caring, compassionate eye doctor. She always goes the extra mile for her patients. The staff are all very professional and people oriented.”